Chickens In July

I have been meaning to do something with these photos that I took in July at my mother in law's place. We went back to MN to visit family and friends. It just so happens that my mother in law lives on a small hobby farm with LOTS of wooded acreage. If anyone knows where Bemidji or Red Lake Indian Reservation is, you aren't too far from where she lives.

Her late husband built this amazing two story log home with stone fireplace that ALL of us enjoy. There are four wheelers to ride, a creek to dip toes in, lakes and rivers near by for endless hours of fishing. And of course there is so much to do on a farm...like pick eggs out of the chicken coup!

You can't go to the farm and not expect to help do some type of chores! But, really the kids LOVE feeding the chickens and picking the eggs.

I'll be honest though...the smell of a chicken coup is enough to drop you on your rear end! I haven't always been fond of small birds that are able to peck at my feet and ankles. But, after seeing the girls go in there without any fear I figured best to get over it. I'll stick to the picture taking though.

So here are my photos from our morning out in the coup!








No comments:

Post a Comment