Design Wars Second Sneak Peek| A Salena Baca Original

Salena Baca~

Let me just say what a joy it was to have reached out to these wonderful crochet artisits about Design Wars and to have received such overwhelming, energetic approval!  I honestly admire and follow every one of these participants, and feel truly privileged that we have come together to bring Design Wars to life!

I hope everyone following the first segment of Design Wars has enjoyed learning about our wonderful new collaboration, and are excited to see our progress.  This week marks the second and last sneak peek/hint for the November/December 2012 segment of Design Wars, and I hope everyone is looking forward to the unveiling of all designs in the near future!

We are very interested in your feedback and support, so please feel free to submit comments/guesses/good will on our blog, or our forums directly!  This segment of Design Wars will end with the unveiling of our designs on our host blog, and a vote: the design with the most votes wins and 1) will be crowned Design Wars Champion, 2) will choose the yarn for the next segment, and 3) will hand pick 2 designers to participate in the next segment of Design Wars!  We have added incentive for your votes too, and random participants who vote will be chosen to receive goodies from their favorite designer.  Enjoy!

Designer: Tara Murray
DBA: Mamachee Crochet Makes Me Happy

Photo Tag Line: This pattern is fun to make and will put a skip in your step.

About Me:  I am an Alaskan crafter/blogger/crocheter with four awesome little kids.  I've been married for 8 years and loving how the future is looking.

Facebook
Etsy
Ravelry



Designer:  Theresa Grant
DBA:  Unravel Me

Photo Tag Line:  Santa leaves you little packages.

About Me:  I homeschool my 8 year old son, and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day, and I do have a hard time finding a balance in my personal/work life.  But, I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I love!

Some of my patterns don't ever get past the scribbled note phase to get released because I want them to be easy to understand and there might be something that I want to change or simplify.

I love to find new stitch designs or twist old ones to make them work in a differnt way.

I'm constantly learning new techniques and trying to improve myself.  We all start somewhere, I wish I had kept some of my first projects to show you!

Find me here:
Facebook
Shop
Etsy
Twitter
Craftsy
Ravelry



Designer:  Katie Hanken
DBA: Optimistic By Nature

Photo Tag Line:  This soft and elegant garment will keep you warm on a chilly evening.

About Me:  Crochet design for me is really fun.  I love the creative process and challenge of realizing a new design idea.  I get my inspiration from the nature where I live in Northern Norway - especially in regards to color.  I find I am most often drawn to neutral colors that remind me of the sand, mountains, snow and sea but also natures accents of vibrant colors.  I aspire to bring this aspect of design into my work both through color, organic design and photography.

Links:
Website
Facebook
Etsy
Ravelry
Pinterest



Designer:  Danyel Pink
DBA:  CrazySocks Designs

Photo Tag Line:  This sparkly snood is the perfect winter accessory for girls of all ages!

About Me:  I have been writing my own patterns since 2009.  My first design was made for a friend that needed a loose-fitting cloche that she could wear while working in rainy Seattle.  Most of my designs have been created out of necessity, requests by my children, or as gifts for friends.  When I design a new pattern, I like to keep 2 things in mind:  EASY to make & FUN to wear!  :)

Shop
Facebook
Ravelry
Twitter
Blog



Designer:  Jonna Ventura
DBA:  Frayed Knot

Photo Tag Line:  When you slip me on I will keep you perfectly glamourous & cozy!

About Me:  Crochet is my creative outlet.  I've had many but I have found my niche.  However, I have crochet ADD!  I just can't make the same design over and over again.  It's as if my hook rebels against me!  This is ultimately how writing patterns came about for me.  Pattern writing has allowed me to do what I'm passionate about and help support my family at the same time.  It doesn't get any better than that!  I have met some amazing people on this journey and I'm feeling extremely blessed!

Facebook
Craftsy
Ravelry
Etsy



Designer:  Salena Baca
DBA:  Baca Creations - Crochet By Salena

Photo Tag Line:  Fast and festive openwork!  You'll be looking forward to cold winter days with this MOD piece!

About Me:  I believe crochet should be a good balance of fashion and function, and I have a passion to keep this an interesting, thriving art.

Shop
Facebook
Ravelry
Craftsy
Pinterest



Just from viewing these last couple of sneak peeks I know that I'll have a tough time voting! ( I will take bribes!)  Hehe!  There are some really creative looking designs and original looking items!  Since I don't crochet I don't know how hard it is to come up with something "fresh and new", but I'm assuming it is a lot like photography.  That you just have to find a style that fits "YOU" and create what makes you happy!  Maybe taking that extra time to try something different, or redo something over and over and over....till you feel that it represents your best work and style.  Yes, I see a lot of similarities in the art industry!  Thank you ladies for letting me be the odd ball out, and hosting your Design War!  I am super excited to see your final pieces!

And finally I would like to add that these photos are NOT my work.  These photos are copyrighted to the crochet designers themselves.

You can find my work here on my website: Kimberly Dierkhising Photography

~Kimberly Dierkhising

2 comments:

  1. These all look amazing! I can't wait to see the final results! I love that sparkle yarn! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being our host blog Kimberly! Your exit comments are so warm and honest, and I appreciate your continued interest and support in our crochet! These design ladies are AMAZING, and I am blissfully giddy to be working with them <3

    ReplyDelete