411 Wednesday|NC Snow| Clayton, NC Family Photographer

It was a rare sighting to have snow here in this area of North Carolina this past Saturday!  Of course like any weekend had things to do and places to go, and we didn't let the snow stop us!

Just as we had gotten the girls ready to head out for some first communion dress shopping for my oldest BIG flakes started to fall.  We didn't let that deter us from our plans!  Most people stay home when it snows here!  But, not us Minnesotans! ;)  Although, I do have to admit that the means to keep the roads clear here is a lot more slim.

Before we headed out the door I decided to grab my "nice" camera..."just in case".  Good thing too, because it was really starting to come down and look really pretty!  But, wait I hadn't planned on taking snow photos!  The girls weren't wearing the "right" outfits, and this only happens here very rarely!  I was in the middle of shopping outlets and we had just finished eating lunch at Bob Evans, how in the world would I get cute photos in that location?  Well I found a patch of grass with a tree, and just shot some snappies closer up.







I was determined to make my husband stop somewhere that had trees or a place that I could shoot some more photos. 

Of course as I'm screaming at him to "turn around and go back, there is a perfect spot!"...he keeps driving and disregards my request.  Now, we were on the highway no stopping now.  I told him as soon as we get to our neighborhood to go to the "backside", which still has some wooded unbuilt lots.  The girls and I hopped out of the car and into the woods for about 10 minutes, I was SO excited!  I was capturing some of my favorite photos of them I have to date!










So what's the 411?  Don't wait for the right outfit, the right weather, the right location...just take what you have and make it WORK!  You will be surprised at what your results can be!  I'm starting to think that the less planned the better! I would much rather HAVE these photos, than to have not brought with my "nice" camera, because things weren't "just right".

No comments:

Post a Comment