411 Wednesday | Be A Fountain | Raleigh Family Photographer

"Happiness is a direction not a place." - Sydney J. Harris

Wow, the last two weeks I've needed this reminder.  It just seemed as though I couldn't get myself out of that "funk".  

I would like to chalk it up to not concentrating on myself.  Every time I start looking at some of the conversations that are being had in "groups" on Facebook I immediately start feeling the negative "drain".  Don't get me wrong Facebook is a wonderful tool!  I love staying connected with my friends and family, especially since most of them live so far away.  It is also great for networking and business!  But, often times it is one negative post after another whether it be from other photographers, mili-spouses, friends...ect.  It's draining....

So, I am making this blog post as a testament for myself and ALL of you to be a "fountain", and not a "drain".  Take that time to lift someone up.  Be that smile, that nice compliment...it only takes one!

I am going to put my blinders on and concentrate on what makes ME happy.  Here is another quote that I like to tell myself often.  

"Comparison is the thief of JOY!" 

That is the absolute truth, and it can be applied to SO many aspects in life!  From comparing your body, your house, your photos, your hair, your car...  I'm tired of it.  D. O. N. E. done!  I'm only ever going to compare myself to who I was, so that I may only ever be able to grow as a person.

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Buddha

Here I am, sharing my light, from my candle to you.  A positive message, about being YOU, and sharing your inner light with everyone else.  You can only gain from spreading the joy!

"In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy." - Albert Clark

There is SO much to be grateful for, I can't even begin to list mine...  Let that gratefulness be your source of happiness.

God Bless!

PS.  I'm posting photos of some sunsets, because it shows me that it has been a beautiful day, with MUCH to be grateful for and happy about.  I am a sucker for beautiful skies...my Instagram feed is loaded with drive by sunsets!








2 comments: