411 Wednesday | Raleigh Children's Photographer

I thought that it would be fun to do something "informative" every Wednesday.  Now, it could be something photography related, it could be something business related, it could be something personal, or anything that comes to mind!  I'd even love to hear suggestions on what you'd love to know more about!

So, for the first ever 411 Wednesday I thought I'd go with something pretty simple.  A sort of "how to" shoot children more interestingly.  Not just professionally, but for your own personal photos.

There are so many times that you can take an ordinary day at the beach, park, or even at home and turn it into a story.  You, just have to think outside the box just a little.  Change your position throughout the whole scene.  You will capture your subject doing the same thing but in array of different perspectives.  Which, to the viewer will keep them engaged and tell them a story.

I'd have to say my favorite personal style of photography is more of a "story telling" style.  The less posed looking the better.  I like to see children in their element, not a way they were forced to sit, or "look at me and smile".  My favorite photos really are the moments that just "happened".

With that being said, I encourage everyone to try something different.  The next time you want to remember the way your child's feet dangle over the kitchen chair when eating their breakfast, or the way they look when they sleep, to take a photo of it, but do it from a different perspective.

So, with that I'll share a few of my favorite unscripted moments.

Happy shooting!








No comments:

Post a Comment